Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Let's eat! {Meal Planning Monday}

It's Meal Planning Monday again and I'm linking up with Mrs M (click the image to join in too).

Last week was quite a busy week and it's weeks like that I'm glad I spend the time on Sunday meal planning, writing a shopping list and shopping. Meals in our house can be quite a task to organise, there's 5 of us... 1 quite fussy and 1 a bit fussier than the quite fussy one, so trying to please everyone is a challenge!  

There's probably only a handful of meals that we all eat together and sometimes I can be cooking 3 different meals (after a full days work). But meal planning is definitely helping that mind numbing task (of deciding each day what to cook for dinner) as I can schedule the meals we can all eat when we're all at home. AND we will be saving money too as I am planning meals around what we've got left in the fridge / freezer too.



So without further ado, here's this week's meal plan:

Monday - BLT baguettes

Tuesday - Cottage Pie (from freezer, homemade from a few weeks ago)

Wednesday - Sausage, mash (or fries), beans 

Thursday - Take away 

Friday - not sure yet...

Saturday - Steak Pie (for kiddos as we're out for dinner)

Sunday - Slow cooker meal... not decided which one yet, might try something new

There you have it, hope you link up as reading other people's meal plans can often inspire new dishes to try out the following week.

Enjoy your day!







2 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

Ohh reminds me I have a cottage pie in the freezer I'd forgotten about...lol
Great meal plan! Have a fab week :)

AnneeApple said...

Oh we had the cottage pie tonight (as I have muddle days about.. oops)... it was so tasty, I think it tasted better second time around! Have a great week x