Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Lampshade making {with Cath Kidston}

Tada... I made a lampshade!



I signed up for the Lampshade Making event at the Glasgow Cath Kidston store and was lucky enough to get a ticket (£15 per person). Those of you who know me will know I absolutely adore Cath Kidston style, so I was really looking forward to this event.  

Another plus; I have been looking for new lampshades for my bedroom for so long but never found anything that was just right and if I can't find it... I make it!

I arrived at the store a bit early but was happy to window shop... the window display of HUGE clocks is amazing (some of you may know I have a clock obsession too.. I'm beginning to sound a little weird)... the lovely staff let us in early and we had a wander around... (I'm sure I drooled a little, hope no-one noticed).

We were shown to the fabric section and told to choose our fabric... Waaaaaaaaa choose?! I wanted them all.... after much 'humming and hawing' I opted for the Blue English Rose as it matches my bedroom colour scheme really well... I had planned on something not too floral.. but I really think the floral patterns are iconic of Cath Kidston.

I found a place at a table with three other lovely ladies, everyone was so nice and the staff made us all feel very welcome. There was endless supplies of cake, juices and sparkly wine! We were all given a lampshade kit (which you can buy from here) and the staff showed us in stages how to make. We worked in pairs as some of the stages were quite fiddly.. team work! As you can see from the photo above the end results are brilliant and you can see why I had such a hard choice choosing my fabric, they are all lush!


My lampshade is up already and I love it! I now plan on making two shades for my bedside lamps and to update my window dressing in the same fabric... although I just looked online at the Cath Kidston website and that fabric isn't listed! I wonder if it's now discontinued? I know the store has a huge roll, so hoping that no-one buys it all before Saturday, I'll be back in to buy some more!

If you're interested in events at your local Cath Kidston store then sign up for their Email Club I know I'll be looking out for more events and signing up so let me know if you do too!

I had a great time tonight and I met some really lovely people.

What are you crafting right now?


3 comments:

Kimberley said...

How beautiful - you have done a stunning job! One day I will fly 24 hours again to go to a Cath store - might splurge and do a mail order!

AnneeApple said...

Aw thank you Kimberley! I could happily have a lock in at that store, it's amazing x

Vanessa said...

Wow,so beautiful.*__*
I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
let me know follow you then back.
Lovely greets Nessa