Pages

Thursday 29 November 2012

Chilly Chilli

I've been saying all night 'it's chilly' so it reminded me that I hadn't posted my 'Chilli' slow cooker recipe that a few of you have asked for... sorry!  Here it is:

Brown the mince

In the slow cooker add:

1 chopped onion,
1 pepper (optional),
2 stalks of celery (optional),
500ml carton of passatta,
tin of (drained) kidney beans,
pinch of salt,
1 teaspoon of garlic puree,
1 tablespoon of tomato puree,
1 tablespoon of dried basil,
1 teaspoon of chilli powder,
pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional),

Stir and add mince and cooked on medium for 6 hours (or low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours)

That's it.. nothing fancy - just basic ingredients from the store cupboard.  You can add more chilli if you like it with more of a kick or add fresh chilli - I keep it mild as baby loves chilli!

I serve one of two ways:

1) with boiled rice (Riddock Rice as we now call it... it's the perfect fool proof technique, if you want to know just let me know) and a spoonful of natural yoghurt

2) over homemade potato wedges and grated cheese on top

Enjoy!
A x

No comments: