Pages

Sunday 28 July 2013

recovery time

Sorry for the lack of posts, can't believe it's been 11 days since my last post. Even then that was a scheduled post as it was the day of my surgery...

My surgery went well and I'm recovering just fine. In case you're new to this blog I was having a para-umbilical hernia repair... in every day words, I had a hole in my stomach wall and my intestine was falling through, so I had a huge lump {I looked 16 months pregnant, yes 16!}. So I had open surgery and a piece of mesh was put on my stomach wall {like a fake stomach wall} and that was that! I had staples to hold the wound together but they are now out and the wound is healing fine.

I cannot wait until I can drive again and move around normally... I can't wait to get on my bike and go swimming and walk more than a mile! Simple things I've missed for a very long time. I'm also hoping that now I'm 'fixed' and in a few weeks time I'll be let loose to be 'normal' that I'll loose some of the {OK, lose lots} of the weight that has slipped on since I had the problem at the beginning of the year.

Hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow with my Meal Planning... hopefully!

No comments: