Pages

Saturday 13 July 2013

Where we are...

We've arrived... In Raasay!  I've lived in Scotland for 41 {and a half} years...yes all my life, and I am still in awe of it's beauty! 

Today was spent most of the time in the car and on the ferries but it was a wonderful drive with the most breathtaking scenery. We started our journey with a 4 hour drive to Mallaig and the ferry to Skye, it's only a short crossing, around 45 minutes.  Then we had a 45 min drive to Sconcer for the ferry to Raasay. We left home at 1045am and arrived on Raasay at 7pm.

I can honestly say we are staying on the best B&B on the island {according to trip advisor}, it is 4 star approved by the Scottish Tourist Board. It's a lovely new build house which overlooks the glorious hills, stunning views! The room is spotless, faultless...and that's something coming from me, Mrs Fusspot!! There is a huge lounge we can use too and a conservatory which opens out onto the gardens, I want to slip my shoes off and run barefoot through the daisies... Ok maybe not but it's a nice thought all the same.

When we arrived we hadn't had dinner yet, so we headed up to Raasay House, probably the only place that serves food. The House has recently been bought and refurbished and the people of Raasay own it. We had just missed the BBQ and bounced castle by the looks of things. We got a seat in the cafe area and we had the most amazing dinner...I do have photos which I'll no doubt Instagram {anneeapple}. Hubber had the Raasay special burger!!! oft! I had haddock and chips, it was so big I couldn't fit it all in the photo frame, or my belly!!  Littlest had some chicken and ham nuggets with chunky chips, she loved her dish too!

Back at the B&B, it's way passed littlest bedtime and she's still 'getting comfy' in the travel cot... This could take some time!

We're leaving on the 10am ferry back to Skye to hop on another ferry for a tour of the small isles. Then back to Mallaig and we're staying in a B&B on a farm!!

Do I need to go home?

No comments: